London Fashion Week 2016
GATSBY & MILLER JOIN MOROCCANOIL CREATIVE TEAM FOR LFW AW16
London Fashion Week was an exciting occasion for Gatsby & Miller salon
director Julie Church when she once again joined the Moroccanoil Creative Team at the city’s biannual fashion frenzy that sees fashion editors the globe over descend upon London.
Invited by Antonio Corral Calero, Global Moroccanoil Ambassador the team worked on three shows over the weekend, including Temperley, Osman and Kristian Aadenevik.
The Autumn Winter 16 collections were the centre of focus, while hair
revealed some strong key trends that we’re pleased to share with you, including the products that will help you achieve our key runway look. With Julie backstage learning first hand what’s new, we’re able to bring the latest trend led hair, to the salon, just for you.
The Trend: ‘Linear, graphic and sophisticated’
Osman AW16 delivered a hair look to match the craftsmanship of the collection, producing hair that was captured its linear, graphic and sophisticated pony tail utilising metal hair accessory detailing engaging with and complimenting the collections detail.
The Trend: ‘Raw boldness. Mysterious and wild’
Designer Kristian Aadnevik explains “The Autumn/Winter collection is inspired by the raw and wild nature of a mystical winter gardens tale.” The hair matches the collection with its volume, raw texture and natural flow.
The Trend: ‘Salty, windswept up knot’
‘Temperley’s hair this season took the shape of a loose bun, recreating a pirate-esque look inspired by the sea. While the look is relaxed and natural-looking, it still has the Temperley glamour showing through’ said team leader Calero. We think this is a super look, for right now! So here’s how to recreate that look:
Create the look at home:
- Prep with Moroccanoil Treatment Light on dry hair, enhancing your hair’s natural texture
- Apply Moroccanoil Root Boost to sections of hair in a zigzag motion downwards from roots to ends, creating an uneven distribution of texture
- Loosely dry hair using a Moroccanoil Large Barrel Brush, pulling it through to smooth out sections and create a natural look
- Once dry, mist the whole head of hair with Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo (Dark / Light Tones dependent on hair colour) to create further texture
- Using a Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush, skim the hair unevenly with the tips of the bristles to pull the hair back and create a tight ponytail at the occipital bone. Use fingers to pull through the hair, and back into the ponytail, to create natural separation
- Holding the ponytail in place, loop your hair through an elastic twice. On the third twist, pull hair half-way through to create a loose loop
- Take the ends of the hair, pull these through the centre of the loop and then twist the remaining ends round the base of the bun to cover the elastic. Leave some loose ends hanging below, unevenly
Moroccanoil Treatment Light is a remarkable, instantly absorbed argan oil infused formula, exclusively designed to give hair a natural looking silky, lustrous shine and a frizz-free finish. It strengthens, conditions and revitalizes hair while speeding drying time. (£31.85 / 100ml)
Moroccanoil Root Boost is a styling innovation that provides natural-looking height and lift — without the need for teasing, back-combing or adding any unnecessary stress to the hair. This high-performance, volumising spray works beautifully for every hair type and texture, including straight, fine, or curly. It instantly thickens strands at the roots to provide a long-lasting, full-bodied lift to every style – for an extra red-carpet-worthy boost of volume that never falls flat. (£18.85 / 250ml)
Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo: The powerful, innovative misting spray is designed to dissipate instantly, absorbing oil and product buildup without leaving behind a dull, chalky residue. Enhanced with natural volumising agents, this multi-purpose formula provides hair with immediate purification and a more manageable style. This style and cleansing ‘2 in 1’ also contains a UV filter and a hint of the signature Moroccanoil fragrance, making Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo the freshest means to achieve that silky just-left-the-salon finish. Specifically developed to address different tonality needs, Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo features two colour specific formulas: Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones and Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones (£14.85 / 205ml)
Credit Piers Macdonald for Moroccanoil
Hair by Antonio Corral Calero, Global Morroccanoil Ambassador
Temperley LFW AW 16