Gatsby & Miller Join Morocannoil Creative Team for LFW SS17
London Fashion Week was an exciting occasion for Gatsby & Miller salon director Julie Church when she joined the Moroccanoil Creative Team at the city’s biannual fashion frenzy that sees fashion editors the globe over descend upon London.
Invited by Antonio Corral Calero, Global Moroccanoil Ambassador, and joined by selected team members, Julie worked the shows backstage on Temperley and Kristian Aadenevik SS17 collections which were the focus of attention, however, hair revealed some key trends going forward.
Taking note of these new trends, you’ll know that Julie has already ensured that our team knows first hand what’s new, and how to create the look using the right products just in time for Christmas events and parties! Remember, it’s never about us, it’s always about you.
The Trend: Sauvage.
The Aadenevik SS17 collection was inspired by the wonder and mystery tropical Amazonian rainforest, and to match that, the hair was a little wilder and animalistic, which will pair for the perfect hair for joyous nights out this coming Christmas.
The Trend: Natural & Carefree
Antonio Corral Calero, Moroccanoil Global Ambassador commented “Being true to the essence of Temperley, we’re keeping the hair undone and disheveled.” A simplistic, yet very elegant look that can sometimes be difficult to achieve, so take note, the how – to is one to remember.
- Prep the hair with Moroccanoil Blow Dry Concentrate – one – two pumps, dependent on the thickness and length of hair
- Dry hair, using your fingers, to maintain the hair’s natural texture
- Section hair from the front to the crown, creating a casual centre parting
- Section hair from temple to temple, around the back of the head, creating a straight parting and pin the top section away
- Fix a pastel coloured pink/orange extension into the root, along the parting. Unpin the top section and allow hair to fall naturally back into place
- To create a powdery texture, spray hair all over with Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo (Light/Dark Tones, depending on hair colour)
- Taking vertical inch sections, enhance the hair’s natural movement by bending it loosely round a large barrel tong, away from the face
- Once the whole head has been done, rake your fingers through it to create a disheveled look
- Take loose strands from the front of the hair and tuck it casually behind the ears, without letting the ears show
- Spray hair lightly with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium, to finish the look
- Moroccanoil Blow Dry Concentrate (50ml, £16.85) Launching in the UK, October 1st – Specifically formulated for the unique needs of highly unmanageable, coarse, curly and frizzy hair types, Moroccanoil Blow-dry Concentrate is an ultra-rich styling serum that helps dramatically decrease dry time while sealing in shine for a soft, lustrous finish. Infused with conditioning argan oil, plant-derived squalene and Vitamin E and C, this advanced concentrate can be used prior to your blowout for a polished, frizz-free look or as a finishing product for a boost of added shine and moisture.
- Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo (205ml, £14.85) – Moroccanoil® Dry Shampoo contains ultra-fine, oil-absorbing rice starch that removes buildup and odor, leaving hair instantly clean and refreshed. Its UV-protecting, argan oil-infused formula breaks down instantly, leaving no dull residue. Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones maintains the natural richness of dark, brunette tones, while Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Light Tones contains subtle violet undertones to balance brassiness in blonde hair and bring out the best in light tones.
Looking for more inspiration? At Gatsby & Miller if you need to speak to one of our expert team, simply call to arrange a consultation appointment, which we’ll be happy to accommodate.
All photos credits
Hair by Moroccanoil Global Ambassador Antonio Corral Calero
Photography: Piers Macdonald for Moroccanoil